Hackney Council have moved into this 1910 refurbished building occupying a prime site in Hackney. A light touch has been adopted in terms of the extent of alterations carried out. Significant timber repairs were required.
Internal alterations included part removal of two substantial chimney stacks with a storey height steel frame neatly tucked away within the respective existing roof and floor zones.
Project Architect: Kiran Curtis Associates