Work for us
We are based in the vibrant and creative area at Dalston Junction, North London. We have an open plan studio which encourages team working and collaboration within the company.
We are always interested in hearing from talented structural engineers, people who share our passion for innovative design. If you think this is you, send us a CV, portfolio and covering letter to:
No agencies please.
Graduate Engineer – Job Description
The principal aim of this job description for a graduate engineer is to prepare for
The main tasks to be carried out are as follows:
- Become proficient in the preparation of CAD general arrangement and detail
- Undertake the analysis of structural frames or their components using appropriate software (initially) under the supervision of a Project Engineer
- Undertake design of structural elements (initially) under the supervision of a
Project Engineer to the various Eurocodes. This will include the following:
concrete, steel, masonry, timber, glass, foundations.
- Work with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyse
results of soil sample and in situ tests
- Assist the Project Engineer on larger schemes
- Carry out site visits (initially) as directed by the Project Engineer
- Attend design team meetings on projects (initially) under the supervision of a
- Gradually prepare to undertake the role of Project Engineer on smaller schemes.
(With experience this will naturally lead to the assumption of Project Engineer role on larger schemes).
- Assist in the preparation of fee proposals for new projects
- Attend a variety of in-house and external graduate training courses as is required by the respective institutions for graduate training
If interested in this position please send your CV + Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.